The construction category team has taken over responsibility for construction from UK Shared Business Services and is developing a strategy that will link construction requirements to total asset lifecycle costs.
Contractual arrangements are being developed in the following areas:
- Project management and full design team services
- Personal protective equipment
- Corporate workwear
- Signage and wayfinding
- White goods
An agreement for building materials is already available and further information can be found here.
The construction strategy focuses on:
- A range of contractual vehicles to support the objectives of the Government Construction Strategy Team in the Cabinet Office, and meet the needs of central government and wider public sector customers.
- A flexible procurement approach which is regularly refreshed to prevent suppliers being locked out for long periods of time.
- Continuous improvement to ensure that processes are lean and efficient and that lessons learnt are incorporated into working practices to ensure our frameworks are best in class.
- Ensuring that customers have access to smaller suppliers and that smaller suppliers have access to public sector business opportunities.
If you have any queries please email property[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk