The Office Solutions category covers the provision of office supplies, multi-functional devices (MFDs), postal & courier services and information content management. Print services, printing papers & envelopes and digital asset management are covered under the Print category.
Our strategy focuses on:
- Eradication of product cost differences.
- Rationalising and standardising products and services.
- Standard service delivery models.
- Increasing efficiencies through the use of online catalogues via Government eMarketplace.
- Frameworks that leverage both central government and wider public sector spend.
- Transparency embedded in all frameworks to enable effective management of suppliers, pricing and unit costs.
- Opening the market up to SMEs through greater use of the Dynamic Marketplace (eRFQ).
- Recent office supplies eAuctions have achieved in excess of 25% savings through product standardisation; rationalisation and aggregating spend with other organisations.
- A Postal services eAuction delivered savings of between 14.5% and 20%.
- Multi-functional devices save money and reduce environmental impact - one compact device negates the need for individual faxes, scanners and copiers. The quarterly charge for a multi-functional printer has gone down by over 50% under the new framework.
- Sustainably sourced products are available, for example remanufactured print and toner cartridges.