New travel procurement
We are currently finalising plans for the development of a new Travel and Venue Booking Services procurement for both central government and wider public sector and we want to give the supplier market a chance to get involved and find out more.
View our invitation for more information on our two upcoming supplier engagement days. If you would like to come along please register your attendance using the links below:
The travel category provides you with services for the booking of UK and international business travel including air, rail, hotels and meetings & events, via travel management companies and venue finding agencies. We also have solutions for vehicle hire, including passenger vehicles, off road 4x4s, minibuses, heavy goods vehicles, car share and international vehicle hire.
Whatever your travel requirements you should look to book the lowest cost and safest travel arrangements, in accordance with your organisation’s travel policy and health & safety guidelines.
All our solutions support the government’s agenda on small businesses and carbon emissions, including the government’s greening commitment. They will also help you to reduce the overall cost of your business travel, helping you make savings for the taxpayer.
Our solutions include:
- A suite of four innovative and new travel contracts for all central government customers including arm’s length bodies (ALBs) and non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs).
- A Travel Management Services agreement for wider public sector organisations, providing access to an extensive range of travel booking services, payment options and management information reporting.
- Directly owned accommodation rate and air fare programmes (Crown Programme for Accommodation and Crown Air Programme) to maximise government leverage for the central government suite of contracts.
- Enhanced opportunities to increase the use of technology to maximise efficiency and reduce travel spend.
- Recommended travel policy principles to help control spend and drive higher standards of compliance.
- Access to government estate for meetings & events. A sole supplier Meetings and Events contract supports the use of free space before consideration is given to paid government space and external commercial venues.
- Introduction of innovation - our travel contracts are the perfect vehicle to drive innovation, including (but not limited to) the use of Skype, Google Hangouts, Lync, Video Conferencing, Tele Conferencing, Webex, Mobile Technology, Travel Apps and Rail Ticket Bar Coding. Alongside travel under the vehicle hire framework the introduction of economy car sharing solutions, to name just a few.
- A Vehicle Hire Services agreement for all government and public sector customers providing access to a wide range of vehicle types / services.