Seasonal Courier Services
Contract ID: RM1008
Start Date: 02/01/2013
End Date: 31/12/2016
This agreement has been developed, on our behalf, by the Department of Education (DfE) and HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
The service consists of the secure and tracked movement of large volumes of pre-planned items on a seasonal basis (such as DfEs examination periods) and includes collection, storage and delivery.
Typically the customer will notify the supplier electronically a week in advance of the planned collections/deliveries enabling the supplier to automatically generate delivery/collection manifests leading to administration efficiencies and a more cost effective service.
The agreement enables a call-off contract to be set up at any time during the term of the framework.
The service includes:
- Full tracking of consignments/packages collected/delivered by scanning pre-printed bar coded labels.
- Collection from/delivery to up to 27,000 pre-determined examination centres, 50,000 examiners and five scanning bureaus.
- Collections/deliveries which occur outside of the main seasons (c.25,000 packages).
- Contact Scheduled Collection Centres (those with three or more collections in a week) to arrange daily collections during the main season.
- Contact Ad hoc Collection Examination Centres (those with two or fewer collections in a week) to arrange specific collections.
- Collect packages from centres at the agreed times/dates and deliver to individuals or business premises within 24 hours.
- A re-delivery service for packages where initial delivery has failed.
- Helpdesk facility.
- Facility to drop off parcels at depots.
- Supports the wider Centralised Procurement strategy for the Courier Services category.
- Provides a competed service model which addresses the requirements of large and complex public sector organisations needing seasonal and secure transportation of customer data and assets.
- Highly competitive pricing for public sector organisations able to pre-plan seasonal transportation requirements in large volumes across a network of predetermined centres.
- The award is based on an evaluation panel formed of both category managers and subject experts from central government, providing both commercial and technical assurance that the services provided will deliver value for money.
Firstly please read the redacted version of the framework agreement, which provides a more detailed specification for the service provision. You should then conduct an initial assessment of your requirements to establish if you have pre-planned seasonal deliveries to a network of predetermined sites with sufficient volumes to consider setting up a seasonal courier service.
To set up a seasonal courier service you should sign up to the framework agreement using the access agreement and return it to MailandCouriers[at]ccs.gsi.gov[dot]uk. The access agreement will then be considered and countersigned. You will then be provided with the framework agreement containing the full commercial detail.
You will then be able to contact the supplier, Parcelforce Worldwide Ltd, to discuss your requirements and request a formal proposal under the terms of the framework.
Should the proposal be acceptable, you will then need to formalise the agreement as per Schedule 4, Order Form and Call Off Terms.
Against the 09/10 baseline the framework provides a saving of 24%.
The savings have been achieved as a result of the Teaching Agency and the Standards Testing Agency at the Department for Education developing a specification based on their experience that identified a more cost effective way of working by the pre-planning of courier shipments during the exam series. This robust specification combined with an effective tender process contributed to the overall savings.
This framework was developed as part of the Office Solutions Centralised Procurement strategy to replace the previous Courier framework agreement (RM465). It covers government and public sector requirements for high volume, secure and seasonal courier services, with a national footprint, for transporting customer data and other assets.
The services have been developed on our behalf by HMRC and DfE. The service requirements were developed following a series of workshops, held with stakeholders and suppliers to ensure the necessary range of services would be available from the framework.
Going forward, we will work with the supplier to ensure prices remain competitive and to optimise use of Seasonal Courier Services by other organisations to achieve the best value for money.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All Lots||Seasonal Courier Services||Office||1 - click here to view suppliers||31/12/2016|
Framework Manager Contact Details