Liquid Fuels Framework Agreement
Contract ID: RM1013
Start Date: 12/08/2013
End Date: 11/08/2017
This agreement for the bulk supply of liquid fuels is structured into four lot groups, with each lot group broken down into a regional lot structure.
- Lot 1: the supply of all types of heating oil for example, gas oil, kerosene, biodiesel etc.
- Lot 2: the supply of automotive fuel including unleaded diesel and unleaded petrol
- Lot 3: the supply of marine oil
- Lot 4: a one stop shop where suppliers can offer all of the fuel types in lots 1 to 3 and national coverage. Aviation fuel can also be supplied under this lot. This lot will benefit larger customers who wish to aggregate all of their liquid fuel requirement, regardless of fuel type and delivery location, with one supplier.
To use this framework you will need to carry out a further competition in accordance with Schedule 5 of the framework agreement, details on how to do this can be found by clicking the “Access” tab below.
|Location||Lot Group 1|
|Lot Group 2|
|Lot Group 3|
|Lot Group 4|
Heating Oil, Automotive Fuel, Marine Oil and Aviation Fuel
|England North West||105||205|
|England North East||106||206|
|England East Anglia||108||208|
|England London and South East||109||209|
|England South West||111||211|
Details of the suppliers awarded to each lot can be seen by opening the List of Suppliers in the 'Documents' tab below or via the 'Lot Details' tab.
- Flexible framework which meets the needs of a diverse range of customers.
- Lotting structure which delivers options for regional customers and the needs of larger customers looking for a national supplier.
- Choice of clear and transparent pricing options.
- Weekly pricing issued by us.
- Discount on early payment options.
- Contract management ensuring service levels and KPIs are met.
- Comprehensive management information.
- Extensive product range.
- Availability of additional services such as supplier managed inventory, supplier managed replenishment, fuel cards and price hedging.
You will need to carry out a further competition in accordance with Schedule 5 of the Liquid Fuels Framework Agreement to find the most suitable supplier to meet your needs.
If you have a basic requirement for delivery of fuel against the standard terms and conditions of the Call-Off Agreement, we will run a further competition on your behalf.
To do this:
- Complete the site addition template and short order form and send it to LiquidFuel[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk. Use the Guidance notes to assist with completion of the site addition template.
- We will run a further competition among all capable suppliers and carry out an evaluation on price.
- We will notify you of the lowest bid supplier and seek your agreement to award a call off contract on your behalf to the supplier.
If you have a more complex requirement, for example if you require additional services or wish to include special terms in addition to the standard terms and conditions of the Call-Off Agreement, you will need to run you own further competition. To do this:
- Develop your statement of requirements.
- Refine the template call off Terms to reflect the goods and services you require (any refinement must not conflict with any provision of the Framework Agreement).
- Identify the capable suppliers from the list of suppliers and invite them to tender.
- Evaluate the tenders applying the appropriate criteria in accordance with Schedule 6 of the Framework Agreement.
- Award a Call-Off Agreement by sending a completed Order Form and Call-Off Agreement to the successful supplier.
- Receive signed copy of the Call Off Agreement from the supplier.
- Sign the Call-Off Agreement and issue a notice to the supplier.
The price paid pence per litre for delivered fuel under this framework is made up of:
- Commodity price of the fuel
- Supplier margin
- Management charge
Under this framework the commodity element of the price of the fuel purchased is calculated by reference to the Platts Index which can change on a daily basis. You have an option of selecting either daily or weekly lagged prices. Daily lagged prices are charged at the Platts close of business price on the day before the day of delivery. Weekly lagged prices are charged as an average of the daily prices in the week preceding the week of delivery.
A savings methodology has been approved to assess the savings made by customers having access to this flexible pricing rather than having a fixed price for the commodity element of the price.
In the last year of the previous Liquid Fuels framework savings were assessed at 3.5% of total spend.
Some suppliers have offered discounts on the supplier margin where customers can pay within a shorter timescale than the standard 30 day payment terms or by direct debit.
This framework agreement was developed in order to replace the previous Liquid Fuels framework agreement which expired in May 2013. This framework covered an annual spend in the region of £240m and served over 400 customers with a combined total of over 6,000 sites taking liquid fuels deliveries.
This framework was developed in partnership with the Ministry of Defence and Procurement Scotland. Customer and supplier engagement was carried out prior to commencing the procurement activity in order to ensure that customer requirements were addressed and that innovation and savings opportunities were included in the requirement.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||16 - click here to view suppliers|
|101||Heating Oil Scotland North||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|102||Heating Oil Scotland West||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|103||Heating Oil Scotland Central||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|104||Heating Oil Scotland South||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|105||Heating Oil England North West||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|106||Heating Oil England North East||Energy||3 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|107||Heating Oil England Midlands||Energy||4 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|108||Heating Oil England East Anglia||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|109||Heating Oil England London and South East||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|110||Heating Oil England South||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|111||Heating Oil England South West||Energy||4 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|112||Heating Oil South Wales||Energy||4 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|113||Heating Oil North Wales||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|114||Heating Oil Northern Ireland||Energy||3 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|201||Automotive Fuel Scotland North||Energy||4 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|202||Automotive Fuel Scotland West||Energy||4 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|203||Automotive Fuel Scotland Central||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|204||Automotive Fuel Scotland South||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|205||Automotive Fuel England North West||Energy||4 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|206||Automotive Fuel England North East||Energy||3 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|207||Automotive Fuel England Midlands||Energy||4 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|208||Automotive Fuel England East Anglia||Energy||4 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|209||Automotive Fuel England London and South East||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|210||Automotive Fuel England South||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|211||Automotive Fuel England South West||Energy||3 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|212||Automotive Fuel South Wales||Energy||3 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|213||Automotive Fuel North Wales||Energy||3 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|214||Automotive Fuel Northern Ireland||Energy||3 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|301||Marine Oil UK excluding Northern Ireland||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|302||Marine Oil Northern Ireland||Energy||3 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|401||One Stop Shop UK excluding Northern Ireland||Energy||5 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
|402||One Stop Shop Northern Ireland||Energy||3 - click here to view suppliers||11/08/2017|
- Liquid Fuels Framework Agreement Overview 129.12 KB
- Liquid Fuels Framework Agreement 1.19 MB
- Liquid Fuels Call-Off Agreement 1.57 MB
- Short Order Form 61.78 KB
- Fuel Overview 491.48 KB
- Liquid Fuel Suppliers - Operating Locations 15.08 KB
- Liquid Fuels Pricing Overview 245.87 KB
- Site Addition Template 3.35 MB
- Site Addition Guidance Notes 259.39 KB
- Gas Oil - Safety Data Sheet 85.66 KB
- Kerosene - Safety Data Sheet 676.61 KB
- ULS Diesel - Safety Data Sheet 85.57 KB
- BioDiesel - Safety Data Sheet 86.5 KB
- ULS Petroleum - Safety Data Sheet 482.88 KB
- Bio-Ethanol - Safety Data Sheet 222.6 KB
- AdBlue - Safety Data Sheet 98.26 KB
- Marine Oil - Safety Data Sheet 680.76 KB
- Heavy Fuel Oil - Safety Data Sheet 128.72 KB
Framework Manager Contact Details