Enterprise Application Support Services
Contract ID: RM1032
Start Date: 26/08/2014
End Date: 25/08/2017
This framework has been extended for one year and will now expire on 25 August 2017.
This agreement provides access to direct support and maintenance for Enterprise Application Software. All suppliers can support customisation and provide support independently of normal product lifecycles (for example provide continued support to legacy systems). Services include but are not limited to: break-fix support; advice on available patches; development, testing and implementation of bug fixes/workarounds/patches/updates; monitoring operation to assure application and information availability and integrity; maintaining and sharing a knowledge-base of known issues and solutions; assistance with upgrading, replacing, or otherwise changing the Enterprise Application Software.
There are 19 suppliers in total ranging from multi-national to SME organisations, providing services through four lots:
- Lot 1 — Oracle E Business Suite Enterprise Application Support
- Lot 2 — SAP Enterprise Application Support Services
- Lot 3 — Other Specified Enterprise Application Support Services (see Guidance Notes Annex B for details)
- Lot 4 — Other Non-Specified Enterprise Application Support Services (See Guidance Notes Annex C for details)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services UK Limited: this supplier's framework agreement expired at midnight on 25 August 2016.
- Achieve savings against current support renewals
- Secure best value through competition amongst a range of providers
- A compliant procurement route for Enterprise Application Support Services
- Option to separate support renewals from original license purchase
- Avoid costly upgrades
To access the agreement, please first read the Customer Guidance Notes which include the High Level Evaluation Criteria. Also see the Call Off Agreement which includes the Call Off Order Form and Call Off Terms.
There is no requirement to register in order to use the agreement, however, if you want to use any of our tools such as the eSourcing tool you will need to register for access. Find out more here
Further competition is required except where only one supplier features on the relevant lot or only one supplier within the relevant lot provides the relevant Enterprise Application Support Services.
When running a further competition, you should award on the basis of the most economically advantageous tender and must provide suppliers with the methodology behind the evaluation, including the evaluation criteria and weightings that are applied to each criterion.
If you require support in developing you market proposition we can assist you or complete the procurement on your behalf. Please get in touch if you wish to find out more by emailing info[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk
As the agreement has only recently been launched no savings have been claimed yet. However in future the following methodology will apply:
Last price paid - New Contract Price = Saving
Customers will be asked to provide the last price paid for services to accurately calculate savings.
We also require suppliers to be transparent in their pricing, via transparency clauses in the Call-off contracts .
This agreement was developed to:
- Align to Government ICT strategy
- Encourage competition by offering alternatives to proprietary vendor support renewals
- Provide a viable and compliant procurement route for Enterprise Application Support Services
- Raise public sector awareness of alternative support options
- Avoid unnecessary upgrades or replacement cycles
Current standard practice is to purchase maintenance and support from the software owner as part of the annual license renewal. This agreement provides the option to separate the ongoing maintenance and support from license renewals to enable competition and price savings of up to 50%.
Engagement with customers and suppliers took place in 2013 to establish the requirements and the proposed way forward.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||20 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Oracle E Business Suite Enterprise Application Support||Technology||12 - click here to view suppliers||25/08/2017|
|2||SAP Enterprise Application Support Services||Technology||8 - click here to view suppliers||25/08/2017|
|3||Other Specified Enterprise Application Support Services||Technology||10 - click here to view suppliers||25/08/2017|
|4||Other Non-Specified Enterprise Application Support Services||Technology||12 - click here to view suppliers||25/08/2017|
Framework Manager Contact Details
0345 410 2222