Wider Public Sector Travel Management Services
Contract ID: RM1034
Start Date: 11/11/2013
End Date: 10/11/2017
If you are a wider public sector organisation you can buy your business travel through this collaborative framework, developed in conjunction with YPO.
The framework has been divided into three lots:
- Lot one provides an online only booking tool for UK and international rail and accommodation. It is designed to provide a solution which replicates the services currently available through commercial websites.
- Lot two provides an online booking tool and offline booking system for UK and international rail, accommodation and air, including an out of hours service. It provides all the elements of lot one, with the additional service elements of air travel, accompanied by offline help, support and booking.
- Lot three provides a fully managed service including an online booking tool and offline booking system for UK and international rail, accommodation and air, including an out of hours service. It provides all the elements of lots one and two, with the addition of a fully managed service.
Regardless of which lot you choose you will not be charged any booking fee for rail and hotel bookings made online nor will you be charged a fee for any amendments or cancellations.
The benefits of using the framework to procure travel management services include:
- You will not be charged any booking fee for rail and hotel bookings made online nor will you be charged any fee for amendments or cancellations.
- Provision of Management Information enabling you to understand and manage your organisations travel needs.
- Reduced timescales – you do not need to run an OJEU procurement as this has already been undertaken by us. You simply need to identify your requirements, approach the relevant supplier and award a contract.
- Ease of use – simple to use, with expert procurement advice.
- Compliant – developed in line with EU regulations. This reduces procurement risk and bureaucracy in the procurement process.
- Assured supplier standards – providers appointed onto this framework are ‘pre-qualified’ as to their general suitability. This means when buying services from them you are assured that they can meet the appropriate standards in the provision of Travel Management Services.
- Aggregation of spend – you will receive the benefits of an aggregated volume of spend and the benefits associated with an increased leverage on the market.
- Pre-defined terms and conditions – terms and conditions of contract have been established for each lot, where relevant, and all suppliers have signed and accepted this agreement and terms and conditions of call-off.
In the first instance please read the customer guidance document to understand the access models and the steps you will need to follow to procure via this framework.
Please complete the non-disclosure agreement and send this to us. We will then send you the pricing information and the contact details for Capita Travel and Events and Click Travel.
You can then ‘call-off’ from this framework (i.e. use this framework to establish a contract) by contacting the suppliers. For lot 3 you can either complete this call-off via a direct award, where you select a supplier using the information within the user guide. Alternatively, if you meet the spend criteria, you can conduct a further competition in order to give the suppliers an opportunity to include in their offering additional requirements that were not specified in detail within the original specification e.g. Purchase to Pay.
Previous approaches to travel procurement within local authorities and the wider public sector have been fragmented. Public sector buying organisations have traditionally influenced travel through their Travel Management Company frameworks; however it was recognised that many organisations who have never had a travel contract, or who procure through publically available travel websites, required a different solution.
To support the strategic development of the travel market we collaborated with YPO to establish a framework for a brand new solution for travel, aimed at local authorities and the wider public sector. The key drivers for this collaborative approach are:
- To aggregate requirements and spend to exert maximum leverage on the market, with the aim of delivering efficiencies and cost savings to customers
- To reduce procurement process costs for customers by providing a quick and efficient route to market that is in line with EU regulations
- To provide a robust service offering to all customers
This framework provides customers with a route to market for all travel management services meaning customers do not need to publish their requirements by OJEU or pre-qualify suppliers in order to procure services from them.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||2 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Online Hotel and Rail Services||Travel||1 - click here to view suppliers||10/11/2017|
|2||Online and offline Air Hotel and Rail Services||Travel||1 - click here to view suppliers||10/11/2017|
|3||One stop shop fully managed travel services||Travel||2 - click here to view suppliers||10/11/2017|
- Customer Guidance Document 571.03 KB
- Call-off contract 329.07 KB
- Lot one statement of requirements 70.96 KB
- Lot two statement of requirements 76.69 KB
- Lot three statement of requirements 82.98 KB
- OJEU contract notice 101.94 KB
- Pre-implementation form 58.21 KB
- Non-disclosure agreement 61.44 KB
- OJEU contract award notice 172.35 KB
Framework Manager Contact Details