Spend Analysis and Recovery Services
Contract ID: RM1037
Start Date: 22/05/2013
End Date: 23/05/2017
We are currently developing the next generation Spend Analysis and Recovery Services framework and are looking for stakeholders to share their views to ensure it meets your needs. Get involved by emailing Paul Davies at paul.davies2[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk
This agreement has been developed to help you deliver true cash savings based on the analysis of data, efficiency improvements in your procurement function and recovery of spend from your supply chain.
It provides you with a route to quickly and efficiently procure spend recovery audit (SRA) services, along with a range of associated services, all of which will help deliver cash savings and efficiencies.
You are able to procure suppliers that will analyse your accounts payable data, looking for duplicate payments, overpayments and other forms of erroneous spend. They will be responsible for not just identifying potential overpayments but also verifying them, and ensuring that the need for internal resources within the organisation is kept to a minimum.
Once the spend analysis has been carried out, the supplier can undertake the recovery of this spend on your behalf. They will work with you to identify the best strategy for your organisation and supply chain, and you will only pay for the services once you have received cash returns arising from the recovery activity.
The suppliers can also undertake a full review of your procurement and supply chain processes to identify areas to deliver efficiencies and process savings by assessing your spend profile, your procurement processes, your use of framework agreements and other areas to deliver efficiency savings.
The suppliers can also undertake an analysis of your supply chain contracts to identify areas for process savings to deliver you real cash savings by analysing contractual clauses such as price breaks. The contract compliance analysis can be undertaken as part of the wider spend analysis and recovery or as a standalone activity.
- Central government adherence to the Ministerial Directive: in August 2011, the Minister for Cabinet Office, Francis Maude put forward a ministerial directive for all departments and their arm’s length bodies (ALBs) to have conducted a spend recovery audit by the end of December 2013. Using this framework will help you adhere to this directive.
- Reduced timescales: no need to run a full OJEU procurement, you simply need to identify your requirements, present these to the market and award a contract.
- Ease of use: the framework is simple to use, with expert procurement advice available where required.
- Easily identifiable cash savings: recover duplicate payments, overpayments and other erroneous payments resulting in savings for you.
- Efficiency savings: identify methods to streamline procurement and contract management processes to deliver efficiency and process savings.
Should you wish to access the agreement, please first read the customer guidance document and review the call-off terms and conditions for the framework.
Before selecting your supplier, you may wish to undertake fair and transparent pre-market engagement activity with the framework suppliers. This can be done via the eSourcing suite, or using the contact details provided on this page.
You may place direct orders providing you establish a clear statement of requirement for the services required and apply the direct award criteria.
If you intend to run a further competition, you will be required to manage the process in accordance with your own requirements and processes and are encouraged to use our eSourcing suite.
Your further competition should:
- Specify a fixed time limit for submission of proposals (the time limit should be of sufficient duration to allow proposals to be submitted, taking into account factors such as the complexity of the services, the requirement and the time needed to compile and submit a proposal).
- Seek proposals for fulfilling the requirement, including agreement to any special terms proposed by you.
- Contain a copy of the order form, completed as if it were the order to be placed.
- State if a reverse auction is to be held.
You should then evaluate the proposals received and notify all invited service providers of the outcome.
Place the resulting order with the service provider who has submitted the most economically advantageous tender.
The high-level evaluation criteria must match those used when tendering for the framework and be grouped under the following headings:
- Quality - 40 - 100%
- Price - 0 - 60%
Sub-criteria can then be placed under these two headings, specific to your requirements.
Go to Run a Competition for information on how to run a further competition using our eSourcing suite.
To access the pricing documents please email technicalservices[at]ccs.gsi.gov[dot]uk
Savings are quantified through our centralised benefits methodology procurement strategy, and the nature of the services under this framework mean that all spend recovered results in savings for you, as it is erroneous spend that you would not otherwise recover.
In 2012, the Minister for the Cabinet Office (MCO) issued a directive to all departments and their ALBs, stating that all departments and ALBs with a procurement spend greater than £10m per annum must undertake a Spend Recovery Audit (SRA) by December 2013.
We worked with Cabinet Office to develop a solution to support departments in their adherence to this directive.
Further research identified that the wider public sector would also benefit from a framework covering these services, and the framework scope was broadened to enable customers to procure a range of associated services.
A fair and transparent procurement process was undertaken for the letting of this framework. An Open procedure OJEU Notice was issued on 12 February 2013. As per the OJEU Notice, the five highest ranking tenderers were offered a place on this framework.
Framework management review meetings are held quarterly and focus on the operational performance, compliance against Key Performance Indicators, revenue and savings performance, incident and problem management, forward planning, opportunities for future efficiencies and customer satisfaction surveys.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All Lots||Spend Analysis and Recovery Services||Professional Services||4 - click here to view suppliers||23/05/2017|
Framework Manager Contact Details