Provision of Bookings Services for Meetings & Events across Central Government
Contract ID: RM1555
Start Date: 20/07/2012
End Date: 31/12/2015
Please note this agreement has been extended to 31 December 2015.
THIS AGREEMENT IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT CUSTOMERS (including Departments, Arm’s Length Bodies and non-ministerial organisations).
This sole supplier framework agreement for Meetings and Events has been awarded to an SME, Calder Conferences Ltd.
Under the agreement Calder are able to deliver the meeting and event services using a two tiered approach:
Tier 1: A shared facilities register called “Find Me Some Government Space” should be the first consideration for fulfilling your meeting and events requirements. Calder can source a suitable venue for you and manage availability using the register.
The shared facilities register is a list of meeting and events space across Government Estate which can be used free of charge. The register is owned and managed by the Government Property Unit (GPU) within Cabinet Office and provides host Departments’ contact details of the local administrator to enable rooms to be booked subject to availability.
Tier 2: In the event that your requirement cannot be fulfilled via the register the second option should be to consider paid government estate and the voluntary and community sector, along with commercial providers, for example:
- Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre
- No 1 Victoria Street
- Government departmental training centres
- University post graduate centres
- Local Government town halls, community centres, etc.
- Voluntary and community sector providers of meeting space
- Commercial venue providers (including hotels, private sector conference centres etc.)
Calder can also offer the following services:
- venue finding & management
- audio visual equipment and technicians
- delegate management
- speaker management
- event promotion
- an online system to allow management of scientific abstracts
- technology to organise web conferences
- technology for interactive voting/audience participation
- graphic design services
- stage set design and materials
- supply of exhibition equipment
- badge printing software and materials
- merchandise suppliers for the provision of delegate bags
- assistance with design and other ancillary services for large events, including signage, information, event stands, development of an event micro site, branding etc.
Calder will provide, wherever possible, three quotes that meet your requirements for each proposed booking and will highlight the most cost effective choice when presenting the quotes. Where three suitable options are not available, they will provide a minimum of two suitable options. In instances where the venue has been preselected by the customer as their preferred venue, Calder will provide two additional quotes as comparators for the nominated venue.
Top three customer benefits:
- the use of one supplier who is contractually obliged to make maximum use of free or paid public sector facilities in preference to more expensive commercial venues.
- discounted competitive rates through consolidation of spend returns of associated commission at point of customer invoice. We anticipate savings of at least 10% across the framework.
Improved Management Information
- will enable you to benefit from high quality management information which, in turn, will help you to achieve enhanced savings through effective control of budgets.
- all transactions will now be handled by a business sector specialist who will use their expertise to provide a quality and efficient service.
For further information please contact a member of the travel team on 0345 410 2222 or email travel[at]ccs.gsi.gov[dot]uk
They will discuss your requirements and send you all of the relevant documents for accessing the framework.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All Lots||Meetings and Events||Travel||1 - click here to view suppliers||31/12/2015|
Framework Manager Contact Details