Contract ID: RM1557vii
Start Date: 23/11/2015
End Date: 22/05/2017
The G-Cloud framework is a compliant route to market for you to source commoditised cloud based IT services on a direct award basis. The framework is regularly refreshed so you can access the most up to date, innovative cloud solutions.
The framework is split into 4 lots:
- Lot 1 Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): infrastructure is the hardware that makes software work
- Lot 2 Platform as a Service (PaaS): platform technologies are platforms that provide a basis for building other services and applications
- Lot 3 Software as a Service (SaaS): an application or service that can be accessed via and run over the internet or in the cloud
- Lot 4 Specialist Cloud Services: support your transition to SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
All G-Cloud services and the suppliers available are showcased via an online catalogue called the Digital Marketplace
The framework supports a more time and cost effective procurement process for buyers and suppliers, which is made up of 6 simple steps. Key features include:
- access to over 22,000+ services
- access to over 2,300+ suppliers
- strongly supports the government's small and medium sized business agenda
- transparent catalogue creating a competitive marketplace
- time and cost effective buying process
- easy in, easy out 'pay as you go' contractual arrangements
- pre-defined services, terms and price
We work with both departments and organisations across the whole of the public sector to ensure maximum value is extracted from every commercial relationship and improve the quality of service delivery.
Our services include contract management and supplier performance management to ensure that the government acts as a single customer.
To monitor the peformance and capture the benefits of the G-Cloud framework it is essential that you complete the customer benefits record form every time you enter into a call-off agreement. Thank you for your co-operation in completing this form and helping us capture the benefits.
Note: when publishing G-Cloud savings data we will not publish savings related to specific procurements. The intention is simply to record and validate the benefits of using the framework, in line with auditable savings for government and public sector organisations.
All G-Cloud services are showcased via an online catalogue called the Digital Marketplace.
The Digital Marketplace is an online platform providing all public sector organisations a way to find and buy:
- standard cloud-based services
- specialists who can work on digital projects
- physical datacentre space for legacy systems
To buy from this framework you simply need to follow the G-Cloud buying process, which is explained in the buyer's guide.
Replacements: cash release savings
When you are replacing in-house software, infrastructure and platforms with cloud based services, the whole cost of running these currently will be compared on a customer by customer basis against the new total costs. Savings will be shown by the reduction in licences, support staff, equipment running and maintenance costs, and capital outlay for infrastructure.
Demand management savings
In situations where the cloud services being purchased are new (i.e. you are not replacing an existing service with a cloud service) there is still an opportunity to claim demand management savings.
We record savings using the customer benefits record form and it is essential that you complete the form every time you enter into a call-off agreement.
This framework is the 7th iteration of G-Cloud which is regularly refreshed.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||1 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)||Technology||1 - click here to view suppliers||22/05/2017|
|2||Platforms as a Service (PaaS)||Technology||1 - click here to view suppliers||22/05/2017|
|3||Software as a Service (SaaS)||Technology||1 - click here to view suppliers||22/05/2017|
|4||Specialist Cloud Services||Technology||1 - click here to view suppliers||22/05/2017|
Framework Manager Contact Details