Insurance Services II Framework Agreement
Contract ID: RM3731
Start Date: 01/03/2016
End Date: 28/02/2020
Are you looking to buy insurance?
CCS, YPO, ESPO and NEPO are pleased to announce the new series of RM3731 Insurance Services Customer Insight Days
The sessions will provide you with guidance, knowledge and support on making decisions around insurance service procurement and they are designed to give you the opportunity to develop your knowledge of insurance and share experiences with different public sector organisations.
The speakers are public sector specialists with good knowledge of the sector. These sessions will cover topical items as well as regular topics which you mind find useful, especially if you have your insurance tender due for renewal.
London – 9th May 2017
Birmingham – 19th May
Wakefield – 22nd May 2017
Newcastle – 15th June 2017
Leicester – 22nd June 2017
Wakefield – 12th September 2017
Through this collaborative arrangement, developed in conjunction with YPO, NEPO and ESPO, customers can access a wide range of insurance and insurance brokerage services including, but not limited to liability, travel and personal accident, property and construction, and motor. There are also a number of support services available, for example claims handling and risk management.
The agreement has been divided into four lots:
- Lot 1 covers the provision of insurance and a number of support services. There are 27 suppliers on this lot.
- Lot 2 covers the provision of insurance brokerage and a number of support services. This is a multi-supplier lot with 12 suppliers.
- Lot 4 covers the provision of brokerage and associated support services for the MoD only.
- Lot 5 covers the provision of compensation claims handling and associated support services. This is a single supplier lot.
Central government customers should note that it is government policy to reduce spending on external consultancy. The Cabinet Office strongly advocates using in-house resource instead of external resource where this is available and appropriate for the work in question.
The Government Actuary's Department is a non-ministerial department that can provide some support services relevant to the insurance framework. If you are a central government customer and would like more information please visit www.gov.uk/gad or email enquiries[at]gad.gov[dot]uk.
The first Insurance Services agreement produced over £10 million of savings for customers, we expect similar savings figures to be achieved in this agreement.
All types of brokerage and insurance covered:
No matter how small your requirement is the agreement can help you. It offers a wide range of insurance cover including liability, property, motor, construction and travel.
During the further competition process you can tailor your insurance and brokerage specifications to meet your specific requirements. You also have the ability to do a direct award to the brokers within lot 2.
Complies with EU procurement legislation:
Provide you with the reassurance that you are accessing a fully compliant solution.
Access to a wide range of suppliers:
All suppliers (27 insurers and 12 brokers) are approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and have been through a rigorous tender exercise. 26% of the suppliers are SMEs.
Time and resource efficiencies:
Time and resource is saved by not having to conduct a full OJEU procurement, which on average takes 120 days. When you contact suppliers you can be assured of quick turnaround times from answering your initial query to contract award.
Access to standard documentation:
Access comprehensive customer guidance and a suite of standard documents to assist with your quotes and claims including:
- Risk Profile template – what the insurers need to quote your risk
- Customer user guide
- Pre defined letter of appointment and contract - Access the standard letter of appointment and call-off contracts that all suppliers have signed up further avoiding unnecessary time and costs.
In the first instance, please read the customer user guide to understand the access models and the steps that you will need to undertake to procure via this agreement.
You should then complete the online Non-Disclosure Agreement to access a range of information that you will require to call-off from this agreement, including:
- The classes of insurance/insurance brokerage each supplier will offer
- The additional services each supplier will offer
- Broker pricing – please note these are maximum prices and may be lowered at further competition
- Supplier details including FCA number and registered address number
- Supplier contact details
This information can then be used to select the group of suppliers that you invite to further competition, as you will only need to invite suppliers that can meet your full requirements.
As a brief overview:
- Lot 1 (insurance) can only be accessed via the further competition process.
- Lot 2 (multi-supplier insurance brokerage) can be accessed via a direct award or further competition. Once your broker has been procured, they will then run a further competition on lot 1 on your behalf.
- Lot 4 is for MoD only.
- Lot 5 (single supplier insurance brokerage) can only be accessed via a direct award, as there is only one supplier awarded onto this lot.
Following on from the first successful Insurance Services agreement (RM958), a new agreement was developed with the following objectives:
- To deliver an expanded scope of insurance classes to public sector organisations
- Ensure fitness for purpose
- More flexible and more user friendly
We agreed with YPO, NEPO and ESPO to work collaboratively to develop an agreement that would yield efficiencies for both customers and suppliers. Through this partnership we ensured that the market received the right message to deliver efficiencies on behalf of the public sector.
A customer engagement plan was drawn up with YPO leading on the customer engagement activities and a Prior Information Notice (PIN) was issued to advertise the upcoming opportunity and invited suppliers to complete a questionnaire, which would help form our strategy.
5 regional events were organised by all collaborative partners and a survey was issued to all customers who had used the first agreement. The collaborative partners engaged and gained an interest from organisations such as: ALARM (Public Risk Management Associations), BIBA (British Insurance Brokers Association), ABI (Association of British Insurers), NHA (National Housing Association).
Early customer engagement resulted in establishing the Insurance Services II Stakeholder Group. Collaborative partners engaged with over 100 customers that represented the voice of different public sector groups such as local authorities, blue light, health sector, higher education and many others.
As a result of the early stakeholder and supplier engagement this enabled us to provide:
Insurance is a relatively new area for many public sector organisations, and vice versa public sector is a very new area for many suppliers. With this in mind we have developed a number of guidance packs which provide information on the procurement call-off processes.
- Develop the lotting strategy for the framework agreement
- Create a set of procurement documents which reflected the specifics of the insurance market
- Create a number of standard templates which can be used by customers accessing the framework
- Run an e-Auction on lots 4 and 5, resulting in significant savings from the lowest opening bid
- Unfortunately Lot 3 had to be discontinued during the procurement process and will be addressed as part of a new tender in the future
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||38 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Insurance and associated support service||eCommerce||27 - click here to view suppliers||28/02/2020|
|2||Insurance brokerage and associated services||eCommerce||12 - click here to view suppliers||28/02/2020|
|4||Insurance brokerage and associated support services for the Ministry of Defence (MOD)||eCommerce||1 - click here to view suppliers||28/02/2020|
|5||Compensation claims handling and associated support services||eCommerce||1 - click here to view suppliers||28/02/2020|
Framework Manager Contact Details
0345 410 2222