Personal Protective Equipment
Contract ID: RM3763
Start Date: 17/07/2015
End Date: 16/07/2019
This agreement provides a comprehensive range of personal protective equipment (PPE) including clothing, accessories and equipment across 2 lots:
- ‘One Stop Shop’ including:
- General PPE suitable for use in different environments which includes head, ear, eye, face, respiratory and hand protection
- Protective footwear suitable for use in different environments
- Protective clothing suitable for use in different environments
- Accessories which include but are not limited to working at heights, working in enclosed spaces and first aid, suitable for use in different environments
- Specialist: specialist protective clothing suitable for use in different environments such as the nuclear industry, forestry and emergency services, including anti-stab vests, motor cycle clothing, fire protection and life jackets.
A full list of goods for each lot is available in the documents section.
We are sorry to inform you that Plant and Consumable Ltd (PACS) have unfortunately gone into administration from 6 March 2017.
Any contract or services that you have had in place with PACS from this day will be obsolete.
If you have purchased any goods or services that have not been delivered, you will need to use the link attached www.pwc.co.uk/pacs to download a form to make a claim against their estate or assets.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact Thomas Wadey at Price Waterhouse Cooper. (Contact details available in the link).
- Lean procurement route to market
- Compliance with EU procurement legislation
- Standardised terms and conditions
- Template contracts and call-off documentation
- Accurate management information
- Process savings - allowing customers to concentrate on core activities
- Discounted list prices
- Opportunity to carry out further competition to deliver further savings
The customer guidance document provides an overview of the agreement and process maps to determine which route you need to take to call-off from the framework.
The following schedules (in the documents tab) will assist you with your call-off:
Schedule 4 - Template order form and call-off terms and conditions
Schedule 5 - Ordering procedure
Schedule 6 - Award criteria
You can use your own systems for call-off or you can our eSourcing tool:
- Guidance on using our eSourcing tool: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esourcing-suite-guidance-for-customers
- Customer registration page: http://ccs-forms.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/using-esourcing-suite-0
You can also use the Government eMarketplace to access supplier catalogues and carry out direct award:
- Full guidance on the eMarketplace can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/emarketplace-a-guide-for-public-sector-buyers
- Suppliers bid a discount to quoted list prices as part of their tender for the framework agreement
- Customers can achieve more savings from carrying out a further competition
- A full methodology will be available in due course
There are thousands of products and suppliers in the marketplace for personal protective equipment and there is a great deal of expenditure over EU threshold. Customers advised that they would welcome a framework with multiple competed suppliers to provide them with a lean route to market which provides them with procurement compliance.
A Prior Information Notice (PIN) was issued which advertised the upcoming opportunity and invited suppliers to complete a questionnaire, which would help form our strategy.
At the start of the project a stakeholder group was established to thoroughly research requirements, which would later form an integral part of the specification development. The stakeholder group consisted of people from across the public sector to ensure market and category requirements were covered.
Procurement structure and documentation
As a result of the early stakeholder and supplier engagement this enabled us to:
- Develop the lotting strategy for the framework agreement
- Create a set of procurement documents which reflected the specifics of the insurance market
- Create a number of standard templates which can be used by customers accessing the framework
A customer guidance pack has been produced to provide information on the procurement call-off processes.
Continuing best value
We will carry our regular reviews of suppliers and benchmarking of market prices to ensure you are getting the best deal.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||12 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||One Stop Shop||Property||10 - click here to view suppliers||16/07/2019|
|6||Specialist||Property||5 - click here to view suppliers||16/07/2019|
- One stop shop goods categories 313.63 KB
- Specialist goods categories 312.03 KB
- Customer guidance 1.51 MB
- Schedule 4 - call-off and model order form 1.06 MB
- Schedule 5 - call-off procedure 341.37 KB
- Schedule 6 - award criteria 319.51 KB
- Framework agreement 1.78 MB
- Supplier matrix 313 KB
- Further competition template 59.98 KB
- One stop shop sizing guide 246.03 KB
- Specialist sizing guide 239.28 KB
- OJEU Contract Notice 196.07 KB
- OJEU Contract Award Notice 181 KB
- Eurosafe sub-contractor contact list 12.14 KB
- Suppliers contact list 29.7 KB
- Head2Toe unpriced PPE catalogue 9.57 MB
Framework Manager Contact Details