Quality Assurance and Testing for IT Systems
Contract ID: RM3810
Start Date: 24/03/2017
End Date: 24/03/2018
Quality Assurance and Testing for IT Systems (QAT) is a new agreement specifically designed in partnership with the Home Office who will use the agreement for their internal, shared, managed service for testing. Home Office also support a number of other central government departments for these services.
The new agreement is designed to help public sector bodies procure quality assurance and testing consultancy services.
If you are designing and/or building a digital requirement or cloud service integration you may need independent, specialist QAT services before you go live. It will therefore complement other CCS agreements such as:
● Digital Outcomes and Specialists (DOS)
● G-Cloud, and
● Cyber Security Services
The agreement offers eight lots designed and evaluated by the Home Office, with each offering skilled suppliers - both large and SME’s.
QA & Testing Specialists
Providing access to a flexible and cost effective pool of Test specialist professionals - brought 'as a service' capable of delivering services across the full life-cycle.
Automation, Agile & Dev-Ops
To develop and implement test automation regimes. Typically to support cost effective continuous release methods within an agile or Dev-Ops environment.
Load & performance Testing
To determine how systems perform against specific performance needs and comparative baselines; including under load & stress.
Establish and manage an appropriate level of testing in line with program delivery plans, validation and verification of system against specifications and requirements.
Infrastructure Testing and Environments
To determine whether system infrastructures are performant; including network provisions and hosting across LAN, WAN and cloud infrastructures.
Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT) and Disaster Recovery (DR)
Focusing on operational readiness of the system; including Service Readiness Testing, resilience and disaster recovery.
QA & Testing Management
To coordinate and manage all aspects of QA and Testing across the life-cycle.
Potentially to also include the ownership (test design execution) of integration testing.
Strategic QA Consultancy
To provide strategic consultancy support across all aspects of the test and SDLC life-cycles and wider QA elements, where appropriate.
● Government specific terms and conditions
● An easy, templated, flexible mini competition process
● A flexible contract with no commitment to you at Call-Off. This allows you to raise iterative Statements of Work’s with the supplier, working in an agile way - Sprint by Sprint
● The assurance of knowing that the suppliers technical and qualitative ability has been evaluated by the Home Office.
● The supplier’s maximum day rates have been agreed, which means that they can’t charge you more than what they have specified at framework level. Suppliers can though reduce their rates through mini competition tender against your specific buyer requirements
You will need to run a mini competition to select a supplier, as there is no option for direct award.
Specific tender document templates are available in the documents tab (below) or by logging on to the eSourcing Suite, to help you make it a quick and easy process.
You will need to register to access the eSourcing Suite to run your mini competition, but this is a free service. Further guidance on the tool and how to register can be found here
● QAT - Buyer's guide
● QAT - Customer Benefits Records
● Supplier Search/ Filter - to support your short listing of suppliers using various criteria
● Mini Competition Template Documents
○ Buyers needs - the buyers description of what the services they are looking for
○ Award Questionnaire - the document suppliers will complete based on your needs
○ Your Prices - the document suppliers use to complete their bid.
○ Call-Off Contract - the variable terms which are specific to the buyers requirements
○ Call-Off Contract Standard Terms - non variable terms specific for this agreement
Once you have logged in to the eSourcing Suite you will also have access to the Mini Completion Process Documents such as:
● Planning your project timescales
● No Conflict of Interest and Skills Assessment forms
● Clarification Q&A template
● Compliance Checking template
● Full Evaluation templates (Rational & Pricing)
● Individual Evaluator templates
● Consensus template
● Example Supplier Invitation to Clarification Session
● Example Supplier Invitation to Practical Demonstration/Presentations
● Evaluation Report template
● Award or Debrief Letter template
● Balance Score Card
Accessing the eSourcing Suite additional templates:
Award under this agreement is via a mini competition process. We have created a suite of documents to help you run your mini competition – all you need to do is add your content.
Using the Supplier Search document, invite all eligible suppliers to bid against your requirements. During this mini competition process you must keep an audit trail of any dialogue and communication with the potential suppliers. This can either be done via your own procurement system or utilising the free CCS eSourcing tool.
CCS eSourcing tool can be accessed via this link:
The eSourcing tool contains a RM3810 template, which contains all the documents/templates you will need for your mini competition, as well as all the suppliers ‘live’ on this agreement. These documents are also available under the Documents tab of this webpage. More guidance on how to use the eSourcing tool can be found here:
For queries on how to use the eSourcing Suite please email eenablement[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk
In situations where quality assurance is a new consideration
Replacements: cash release savings
When you are replacing an existing service, the whole cost of these current services will be compared on a customer by customer basis against the new total costs under this agreement. Savings will be shown by the reduction, when compared to previous years cost.
Demand management savings
In situations where the services being purchased are new (i.e. you are not replacing an existing service) there is still an opportunity to claim demand management savings.
We record savings using the customer benefits record form. Please note this is an eForm. If you have problems accessing this document please email cloud_digital[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk for an excel copy.
It is essential that you complete the eForm every time you enter into a Call-Off agreement.
This agreement was developed to help government and wider public sector organisations to buy business testing and quality assurance service.
The agreement replaces the Home Office Test Design and Consultancy Services agreement which expired March 2017.
This agreement was developed collaboratively with CCS and Home Office, engaging with a wide range of suppliers and buyers. It is an ‘alpha’ procurement designed to be iterative and improved over time.
We are responsible for managing the commercial performance of the agreement; and Home Office will continue to engage with Public Sector Buyers to support their buying needs, if required.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||42 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||QA & Testing Specialists||Construction||34 - click here to view suppliers||24/03/2018|
|2||Automation, Agile & Dev-Ops||Construction||30 - click here to view suppliers||24/03/2018|
|3||Load & Performance Testing||Construction||28 - click here to view suppliers||24/03/2018|
|4||Functional Testing||Construction||36 - click here to view suppliers||24/03/2018|
|5||Infrastructure Testing and Environments||Construction||22 - click here to view suppliers||24/03/2018|
|6||Operational Acceptance Testing||Construction||22 - click here to view suppliers||24/03/2018|
|7||QA & Testing Management||Construction||34 - click here to view suppliers||24/03/2018|
|8||Strategic QA Consultancy||Construction||34 - click here to view suppliers||24/03/2018|
- RM3810 Framework Agreement 325.48 KB
- RM3810 Call-Off Contract Buyer Specific Terms 223.18 KB
- RM3810 Call-Off Contract Standard Terms 301.82 KB
- 1. Setting Out Your Mini Competition 2.49 MB
- 2. Clarification Templates 12.51 KB
- 3. Evaluator Forms and Briefs 87.85 KB
- 4. Evaluation Templates 68.74 KB
- 5. Supplier Invitation Templates 69.72 KB
- 6. Award Templates 193.58 KB
Framework Manager Contact Details
Kirsty Manning / Eleanor Mitton
0345 410 2222