Government Office supplies Contract and product group 1
Contract ID: RM917A
Start Date: 01/09/2011
End Date: 30/04/2016
The Government Office Supplies Contract forms part of the centralised procurement model that is transforming how Government buys common goods and services through centralised category management, standardisation of specification and aggregation of spend.
It provides a centralised, single contracting route with competitive rates:
• Product Group One covers the supply and delivery of office stationery, office paper, janitorial products, small office machines and the provision of a closed loop service.
• Product Group Two covers the supply and delivery of electronic office consumables. The agreement can be used by all central government departments, executive agencies and non-departmental public bodies, as well as wider public sector organisations specifically named in the OJEU.
This contract has now been extended for 9 months for the period 01/08/15 to 30/04/16. This is to provide continuity of service to customers for sourcing office supplies during the procurement process. Customers do not need to take any action and can continue to access this agreement via your existing Service Level Agreement or Customer Access Agreement.
The OJEU for the Crown Office Supplies framework (RM3723) is planned for early 2016 and we are continuing to provide updates to stakeholders, including timescales on the procurement process.
In the meantime if you have any other queries, please contact the Office Supplies Category team: officesupplies[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk
All other enquiries regarding accessing the contract and day to day operational matters should be directed to: ccsnewportofficesupplies[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk
- Competitive prices for similar goods and services available in the public sector are guaranteed.
- A single agreed and transparent price for the whole of Government.
- Service wrap designed to move to single weekly delivery, improving ordering efficiency and reducing cost to serve.
- Delivery of closed loop capability for paper recycling to improve sustainability and yield the commercial value of Government waste paper.
To access the contract you will firstly need to complete and sign a Service Level Agreement (central government) or a Customer Access Agreement (wider public sector).
Copies of these agreeemnts can be obtained by emailing ccsnewportofficesupplies[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk or calling 01633 811600, option 2.
Once the agreement has been completed, the supplier(s) will be in touch with you to arrange access and agree an implementation date.
Dependent upon your organisation’s infrastructure, orders can be placed electronically, by phone, fax or email as agreed with the supplier.
Product group one products are delivering cashable savings of up to 29%.
Savings can be base lined by comparing prices with the prices you previously paid.
The agreement was developed to:
- Aggregate volumes and deliver a single agreed price for products.
- Rationalise the choice of products available through standardised specifications.
- Simplify access to office supplies for all of central government and for wider public sector organisations who chose to come on board.
- Provide a compliant route to market for all central government departments mandated to use a centralised arrangement.
In accordance with the new centralised procurement model it was decided to create a pan-government contract for the provision of office supplies.
The procurement was undertaken using the Open Procedure.
The OJEU notice was published on the 2 April 2011 with an addendum published on the 16 April 2011.
The tender exercise was conducted using HMRC’s eSourcing Portal, opened on 13 April 2011 and closed for receipt of tenders on 6 June 2011.
Following full compliance checks, tenders were evaluated in accordance with published evaluation criteria:
Qualification Stage – only those providers who satisfied all of the requirements within the qualification stage proceeded to the award stage.
Award Stage – responses to the award stage section(s) of the online questionnaire were evaluated. Only compliant bids were evaluated at award stage which was those that met the minimum specification requirements.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All Lots||Government Office supplies Contract and product group 1||Office||1 - click here to view suppliers||30/04/2016|
- Why Choose GOSC brochure 2.44 MB
- Newsletter issue 1 552.58 KB
- Newsletter issue 2 716.33 KB
- Service Level Agreement 101.79 KB
- Service Level Agreement Schedule B1 47.73 KB
- Service Level Agreement Schedule C1 46.25 KB
- How to populate the Service Level Agreement 48.04 KB
- Customer Access Agreement 108.46 KB
- Customer Access Agreement Schedule B1 47.73 KB
- Customer Access Agreement Schedule C1 46.25 KB
- How to populate the Customer Access Agreement 47.81 KB
- OJEU notice 198.77 KB
- OJEU notice addendum 102.09 KB
- Participating organisations 288 KB
- Closed Loop Draft Specification 652.41 KB
- Closed Loop Overview 394.5 KB
Framework Manager Contact Details