Dedicated Courier Services
Contract ID: RM963
Start Date: 01/01/2013
End Date: 31/12/2016
The Dedicated Courier Services Network agreement has been developed by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), on our behalf, for the provision of a Dedicated Courier Network Service by a single service provider, TNT UK Ltd. The service consists of the secure movement of:
- Untracked / tracked items to specified locations within a dedicated network at allocated times daily throughout the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland.
- Tracked items collected from locations inside a dedicated network to be delivered to locations outside the network daily throughout the United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland.
HMRC and DWP have jointly developed the specification and the framework is enabled for use by other government departments, executive agencies and non-departmental public bodies.
The service provider is required to:
a) Assign an appropriate number of dedicated vehicles for secure collection of items from specified locations at allocated times daily.
b) Provide secure segregated sortation areas at the service provider’s premises(s). Sortation of items will be conducted by dedicated and trained staff.
c) Assign an appropriate number of dedicated vehicles for secure delivery of items to specified locations at allocated times daily.
d) Provide the following additional bespoke services:
- Secure GPS tracked boxes
- Specialist daily movements in London and other locations
- Screening of couriered mail.
The main benefits are:
- It supports the wider Centralised Procurement strategy for courier services
- It provides a competed service model which addresses the requirements of large and complex public sector organisations needing regular and secure transportation of customer data and assets
- For public sector organisations with regular transportation requirements in large volumes across a network of predetermined sites it can provide highly competitive pricing
- The award was based on an evaluation panel formed of both category managers and subject experts from central government, providing both commercial and technical assurance that the services provided will deliver value for money.
Please read the redacted version of the framework agreement, which provides a detailed overview of the service provision. This can be found on the Government’s Contracts Finder website
You should conduct an assessment of your own requirements to establish if you have regular deliveries to a network of predetermined sites with sufficient volumes to consider setting up a dedicated courier network service.
Should you decide that a dedicated courier network service matches your requirements, contact the courier category team who will provide a copy of the framework agreement containing the full commercial details. Contact details are: Zoeie Keogh-Bennett - MailandCouriers[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk
You will then be able to contact the supplier, TNT UK Ltd, to discuss your requirements and request a formal proposal under the terms of the framework agreement.
Should the proposal be acceptable, you will need to formalise the agreement as per the framework agreement, Schedule 4, Order Form and Call Off Terms.
The tender exercise achieved savings of nearly 17% on the DWP and HMRC costs in 2011/12. The framework agreement commits the supplier to following processes for achieving savings:
- Regular benchmarking to ensure the prices are competitive
- Continuous improvement with a view to making cost savings
- Examining opportunities for gain share to achieve direct and indirect cost savings.
This framework agreement has been developed as part of the Office Solutions Centralised Procurement strategy to replace the previous Courier framework agreement (RM465). It covers government and public sector requirements for high volume, secure and regular courier services, with a national footprint, for transporting customer data and other assets.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All Lots||Dedicated Courier Services||Office||1 - click here to view suppliers||31/12/2016|
Framework Manager Contact Details