The Technology category provides access to technology commodities and supporting services in hardware, software, telecoms and networks, cloud and services and software licensing.
Our strategy focuses on:
- Leading the commercial implementation of the Digital by Default strategy and associated commercial actions.
- Aggregating spend where possible and purchasing once as the ‘Crown’ – one price for government.
- Increasing efficiencies through the use of online catalogues.
- Developing Software Asset Management expertise to facilitate the transfer and reuse of assets.
- Improving interoperability between solutions through the use of open standards.
- Embedding full transparency in all new Technology contracts to enable effective management of the supply chain, pricing and unit costs.
- Significant public sector discounts and special agreements with industry leading suppliers for software and telecoms services.
A guide to the various procurement routes available can be found here