Laundry and Linen Services
Contract ID: RM1031
Start Date: 19/11/2015
End Date: 18/11/2017
This multi-supplier agreement provides central government and wider public sector customers with access to laundry and linen services. It covers the collection, wash, finish and return of a wide range of items, including bedding, towels, clothing, theatre wear, uniforms (including hi-vis and other specialist items), gowns, shower curtains, mops, table linen and bags (including plastic, polyester, and water soluble), and other items such as bath mats, slings, gloves, cloths, bed pads.
When using the agreement mandatory services are the processing (wash and finish) and transportation (collection and return) of linen items owned by (or hired from) the supplier.
Optional additional services include:
- Weekend and Bank Holiday services
- Express turnaround service
- On-site top-up service
- Management of on-site bulk linen storeroom(s)
- Specific packing / wrapping requirements (on or off site)
- Barcoding / Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Finishing / presentation on hangers
- Management of uniforms
- Scrub suit / theatre garment locker service
- Curtain hanging and removal
- Total linen management service
- Sewing room / repair and alteration
- Logo affixing service
- Dry cleaning
- On-site theatre top-up service
- Colour flash affixing service
- Consistent terms and conditions of contract
- Standardised key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Robust and flexible solution
- Range of regional and national suppliers
- Compliant with CFPP0104 (Choice Framework for Local Policy and Procedures)
- Opportunity to achieve further savings through further competition
- Template contracts and call-off documentation for ease of use
- Wider range of services available
- You will need to run a further competition based on your specific requirements. Please refer to the customer guidance for further details.
- For initial enquiries for prices against the core items list (processing only) please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your preferred service and activity against each item, plus any enhancements required.
- The standard prices used in the call-off procedure are the maximum chargeable by the supplier but may be reduced through the further competition process.
- Maximum prices cannot be exceeded throughout the life of the agreement, but can be decreased in accordance with the call-off procedure.
The agreement follows on from the successful operation of the previous Laundry and Linen agreement (RM849), which expired on 24 May 2015. It provides continued provision of a wide range of laundry and linen services and opportunity for savings to the health sector, wider public sector and central government.
The agreement was developed following consultation with the health community and supply market, with the assistance of a stakeholder group drawn from a range of NHS trusts and police forces.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|1||Processing (collection, wash, finish and return) of linen items / linen hire items||Property||11 - click here to view suppliers||18/11/2017|
Framework Manager Contact Details