Vehicle Lease and Fleet Management
Contract ID: RM3710
Start Date: 16/05/2015
End Date: 15/05/2018
This agreement provides the lease of vehicles and associated services and fleet management services for the UK public sector across 3 lots:
- Lot 1: Lease of passenger motor vehicles and light commercial vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes, including cars, vans, 4x4s, alternatively fuelled vehicles (e.g. hybrids, electric) and converted vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes
- Lot 2: Lease of commercial vehicles 3.5 tonnes and above, including buses, coaches, trailers and municipal vehicles
- Lot 3: Fleet management services
The associated services include service maintenance and repair, sale and lease back and salary sacrifice.
You can download a brochure outlining the full range of fleet agreements we offer and the procurement options available here
- Simple vehicle acquisition process for standard specification vehicles in Lot 1. Simply obtain a quotation using the fleet portal and order directly from the winning lease supplier.
- Option to nominate a preferred local dealership for delivery.
- More flexible, clear and concise route to market, together with improved competition as a result of the consolidation of the previous vehicle lease agreement lots and increased number of suppliers.
- Consolidation of vehicle lease and fleet management into single agreement.
- Improved technology such as telematics to improve fleet utilisation and manage risk effectively.
- Supplier access to manufacturer discounts via the Vehicle Purchase agreement (RM1070).
- Provision for reduced pricing based on standardised vehicle specifications and aggregated volumes, supported by Vehicle Purchase eAuctions.
- Opportunity to improve fleet performance and costs through fleet audits, fleet optimisation and utilisation.
- Supports the Clean and Energy Efficient Vehicles Directive 2009-33-EC.
For standard specification vehicles from lot 1 you have 2 options:
- Access the fleet portal for online quotations and make a direct award to your chosen supplier
- Run a further competition as detailed in Framework Schedule 5
You can register for an account for the fleet portal here: Fleet Portal
Note: you will need to undertake a further competition outside of the fleet portal for all lot 1 vehicles requiring conversion, including fast response vehicles.
For all vehicle requirements that fall under lots 2 and 3 you will need to run a further competition as detailed in Framework Schedule 5.
Please email transport[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk to request a copy of the price schedule for lot 3.
When evaluating your bids/quotations, please use the award criteria detailed in Framework Schedule 6.
Further competitions can be undertaken via the CCS eSourcing portal or via current methods used by your own organisation.
If you are already registered to use the eSourcing portal you can log on here
You can find out more about the eSourcing portal and register for access here
When placing an order, you have a number of options:
- Use the Vehicle Agreement contained in Part B of the Master Lease Call Off Contract Schedule 2
- Use your own organisation’s order form
- Use the supplier’s order form ensuring this make reference to the Framework Agreement RM3710 and does not contain any of the supplier’s terms and conditions.
Savings can be baselined in a number of ways:
- Based on customers’ previous prices
- Against approved benefits methodologies in line with Cabinet Office guidance on baseline costs
- By use of the fleet portal (online vehicle quotation tool)
Savings achieved against the approved benefits methodologies for the previous Vehicle Lease and Fleet Management agreements in 2014/15 were £34.4m against a spend of £244m.
This agreement was developed to replace the previous Vehicle Lease agreement which expired on 15 May 2015 and the previous Fleet Management agreement which expired in November 2013. In developing the new agreement a number of needs were addressed:
- More flexible, clear and concise route to market by consolidating two separate agreements into one and reduction of lots from 11 to 3
- Greater level of transparency of costs to drive through savings initiatives
- Review and development of the fleet portal to improve customer and supplier interfaces to support increased spend and savings
- Introduction of a matrix approach for fleet management in order to attract/retain SMEs and additional customers
- Opportunity for improved technology such as telematics to improve fleet utilisation and manage risk effectively
- Opportunity to introduce improved management information to provide greater visibility of the customers’ fleet structure and spend
- Introduction of optional service offerings e.g. salary sacrifice
A stakeholder group of customers across both central government and the wider public sector was formed to shape the requirements of the new agreement.
The procurement was undertaken using the Open Procedure with the OJEU notice and Invitation To Tender (ITT) being published on 13 December 2014 via the CCS eSourcing portal.
The return date for the ITT was 26 January 2015 and following full compliance checks, tenders were evaluated in accordance with the published evaluation process.
The framework agreement will be managed in accordance with the CCS process for Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||18 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Lease of passenger motor vehicles and light commercial vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes with the option to convert the vehicle where required||Fleet||11 - click here to view suppliers||15/05/2018|
|2||Lease of commercial vehicles 3.5 tonnes and above including buses, coaches, trailers and municipal vehicles||Fleet||4 - click here to view suppliers||15/05/2018|
|3||Provision of fleet management services, including the management, sourcing and supply of passenger cars, motorcycles, light commercial vehicles up to 3.5||Fleet||12 - click here to view suppliers||15/05/2018|
- Framework agreement 242.05 KB
- Schedule 4: order form and call-off agreement 415.92 KB
- Schedule 2 annex 3: master lease terms and conditions 99.63 KB
- Schedule 2: specification 561.68 KB
- Schedule 5: call-off procedure 126.37 KB
- Schedule 6: award criteria 89.2 KB
- Lot 3: enhanced security requirements - supplier capability 33.5 KB
- Lot 1 and Lot 3 standard charges 34 KB
- Customer guidance 634.49 KB
- Lot 3 fleet management services matrix 33 KB
- 5 step buying guide 722.44 KB
- Supplier contact details (updated 9 December 2016) 13.08 KB
Framework Manager Contact Details